Friday, September 5, 2008

I'm Here in Beijing!!

Hello all... Well, I flew in business/first class all the way here and enjoyed every waking moment of it! The extra space for my long legs was great, as was the 5 coarse meal that culminated with a king size NY strip, and a nice slice of apple cobbler with ice cream. As planned, about 3 hours in I took a few melatonin tablets and slept pretty well until breakfast was served about 8 hours later. Upon arrival in Beijing, I was personally whisked through customs (5 mins tops), grabbed my luggage, and they had a van waiting to zip me to my hotel (Olympic lanes all the way baby, no traffic for us!). The hotel that I'm in (Swissotel) is the headquarters for the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) during the games, so nobody gets in or out without proper IPC credentials and passing through tight security. It's a very busy place here, and my room is overlooking a couple of 42' x 27' LCD TV's hanging on buildings playing highlights from the 2000 & 2004 Paralympic games... I'm told that when the games start here on Sunday, these giant TV's will have live feed of the current competitions... It's pretty awesome!! Anyway, I'm trying to get my cell phone working and have a few other tasks, so thats it for now.

No comments: